The Beahms

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wears My Baby?

So one of the things that you learn quickly as a parent is how to do things while holding a baby. Make coffee while holding the baby, feed the dog while holding the baby, and even type an email while holding the baby. One arm holding baby, one arm frantically trying not to spill the coffee.

This week we ventured into the "sling" world. Amazingly it is not some parallel universe or high tech baby device. It is something that has been around for centuries, dare I say millennia. A sheet and a few rings. So, I must say that we are now fans.

While I have read it makes your baby smarter, stronger, and builds a tighter familiar bond - I cannot vouch for any of that yet. BUT I can say that I now have 2 free hands and made dinner and typed this blog with amazing speed.

Thanks to my sister Jenny for gifting us some hand crafted slings and for teaching us the way of the mighty sling. I believe it is often called the art of "wearing your baby."


2 comments:

Holly said...

oh yes. love the sling. tessa spent many a day in hers. i've eaten many meals with her asleep in the sling. had to be careful though. one day i found a black bean in her hair!

Lynn said...

Love it!

Blog Archive