The Beahms

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Buried Treasure...

This will be the third blog in a row with some reference to Cheerios. Something about toddlers and their favorite snack food that makes life so interesting...

The other day I gave Lucy her snack cup of Cheerios to tie her over until lunch. Recently, I have found her favorite place to sit is right by our front windows, nestled up by the heating vent and the Christmas tree. I didn't really think anything of it...figured she liked the hot air from the vent, the smell of the Christmas tree...or watching people pass by on the sidewalk.

A few minutes passed and Lucy rejoined me in the kitchen asking for more food - presenting an empty snack cup. I figured she had given most to Bailey - so I refilled a few more Cheerios in the cup and followed her to make sure she ate her snack rather than giving it to the dog (see previous blog regarding feeding Bailey her snack). She took her cup and ran back to her favorite spot. This time, I watched as she took out a few Cheerios, held them out - and dropped them. "Clang...Clang...Clang" I heard....

Then it dawned on me...THE AIR VENT!!!! So I watch her again. She smiles big, looks at me....grabs a few more Cheerios. Then she looks down into the air vent - and drops another few in. I closed the air vent and proceeded to use it as a teaching event to not do this in the future. As you can see from the pictures below - it took a while (and several hand-fulls of Cheerios) to get her to understand she should not drop Cheerios down the vents.

To wrap up this funny story - I got out my vacuum, and fed the hose down the air vent to clean out the few Cheerios. The "few" Cheerios turned into a buried treasure of ~50 that I sucked out with the vacuum. I think this had been going on for a few days....

Enjoy the pictures below. Life is always an adventure with a toddler. :)

-Chris


No comments:

Blog Archive